Switcher Here: Macbook Ordered Today!

Reaction score
Well I've made the switch. I ordered my black Macbook with 2 gigs of RAM and the Apple Care Protection this afternoon. Then, I get an email a few hours later saying that it has just shipped and will be here around Dec. 27th! Man, that's a speedy order-to-shipment interval!

And here's a little tip to other's about to buy. I went to the Apple Educational Store online to make my purchase cause I'm currently in grad school and saved around $200 on the whole purchase. Not bad I thought. So check it out. But I also do not recall having to verify to Apple that I was in fact a student at the university which I specified, and now that the shipment is on the way, I doubt I will ever have to. Something to ponder . . .

Anyway, I can't wait till it comes. Thanks to the forum for all the info.:mac:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
good luck! let us know how you like it when you've had some time with it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
awsome CONGRATS!!! Glad to see you made the switch!

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Congratulations on mking the switch. You won't regret it.

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

Ok, so I am flaburgasted! I ordered the macbook around 2 or 3 in the afternoon yesterday and requested it be delivered to my parent's house cause I can't receive packages that big here at my apartment. Well, my mom just called me saying that it was delivered at 8:00 this morning!!! I just used standard 5 day shipping but that baby got there in just about 15 hours!!! I am so pumped!!!!
Well I gonna go over there now and check it out. Can't wait!!!

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!

Ok, so I am flaburgasted! I ordered the macbook around 2 or 3 in the afternoon yesterday and requested it be delivered to my parent's house cause I can't receive packages that big here at my apartment. Well, my mom just called me saying that it was delivered at 8:00 this morning!!! I just used standard 5 day shipping but that baby got there in just about 15 hours!!! I am so pumped!!!!
Well I'm gonna go over there now and check it out. Can't wait!!!
:D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz macbook, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD.
I ordered mine this morning, and am getting it tomorrow. I can't wait! Too bad I never get anything until around 5pm. Lame! Also too bad that my logitech revolution mouse won't be here for a couple more days still.

I plan on using bootcamp for my XP needs, but I want to use OS X as much as possible.

I've been looking for a tutorial of like.....what are the first things to do when you get your mac, but haven't been able to find one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
Congratulations! I guarantee that you will love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I plan on using bootcamp for my XP needs, but I want to use OS X as much as possible.

What exactly are your XP needs? If they're relatively simple, I suggest taking a look at Parallels as then you'll be able to run Windows and Mac OS X side by side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.