Some interesting Pics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There was huge fire at a factory/warehouse about 1/2 mile from my house last night. Flames over 150ft in the air. When we drove by on the way home, there were no Police or Firemen even there yet, they were just starting to trickle in. I dropped the family off, grabbed my camera and went back to shoot. The Police line was loose and you could walk in.

I stood across the street from the building, on a corner, and watched and shot for about 2 hours. Got some awesome pictures. I was well over 100 ft away and the temperature was uncomfortable with flying embers/ash mixed with water from the hoses everywhere. I watched the 2 front walls of the building cave in, got some great pictures of that. Finally left when it was obvious the bulk of the fire had burned its way out, since the top floor of the building had collapsed in on itself, and it was semi-under control, not spreading and they kept it from getting to nearby houses and the power lines.

When I drove by this morning on my way to work the street was still closed, there were still 4 or 5 firetrucks there and the building, or what was left of it, was still smoldering. Turns out the building itself was over 100 years old and was one of the oldest buildings in the city and county. Kind of sad to watch that much history go up in flames. Pretty impressive sight though. No one was injured and other than the factory and one MG parked in front of it, nothing else was damaged. The MG was totaled though

The Pics (Medium Res) can be seen HERE

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for sharing.

I know what you mean about the heat. I drove through an intersection that was on fire during the L.A. roits, with buildings on both sides of the street on fire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
scary to see, and sad to learn that a building so old should go out like that. Here in Aus, it's bushfire season, with many fires burning across most states. Even though the fires aren't close to my home, the entire neighbourhood is covered with smoke some days, making all sunlight look orange, and the smell sticks to everything.
Here's a couple of mine from a week or so ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/dtownley1/DSCF5567.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/dtownley1/DSCF5574.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Thanks for sharing baggs.. pretty nice pictures.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow. impressive pics.

are you going to go back and take pictrues of the aftermath?

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I drove by today and it's trashed. Maybe I'll go by tomorrow and see if I can get some pic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Wow! They look like something off a film. What kind of camera?

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Listed in my Sig.....

Reaction score
Wow - great job you did! I bet those firemen would love copies of those pics.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea, I just forwarded the link to the cities fire chief.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.