• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

C'mon, get HAPPY! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Seems like there has been quite a few unfortunate experiences and problems posted on the forums lately. I am sure we will all do our best to help those people out as best we can, but let's try to lighten up the mood a little.

So... if anyone has a positive experience to share about their Mac or other Apple product, then let's hear it. :black:

Turn those frowns upside down!
:yinyang:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my boy who was 2 in august (and my first child) is turning out to be a late talker. he says a few words, mostly missing the first consonant sound. but the one or two times i pull out the macbook every couple weeks while he's awake, he immediately is drawn to it. even if he's running around and jumping and in general acting like a 2 year old boy, he will stop what he's doing, come over to me and kind of lean against one of my knees as i sit on the couch or comfy chair. he will then poke an index finger towards the glowing apple i know has caught his attention and say "appa".
i melt of course, at the same time cautioning "careful kiddo".
then he'll slide around a bit and point to the apple key, "appa!"
"yep, Leo, that's another apple, good boy! where's the other one?"
his finger moves from the apple key, up towards the screen.
"careful, kiddo, don't touch, just show daddy", as he gets soooo close to the blue apple on the menu bar.
"appa!"
"good boy!" [head rub]
for his effort i'll then play the kitty cat dance or ferret dance from g-shack (he LOVES them).

now if i can only get him to point to my wife's HP laptop and make the raspberry sound we'll be all set.

icon10.gif
icon14.gif

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I took my iBook to a Christmas party. There were Kids, Middle Aged people and older people. We had a CD of pics from a Birthday party there. Prople wanted to see them and my Mac hating friend asked me if my iBook would SHOW .JPG's. I took the CD and inserted it into the slot and iphoto came up and imported them into it without one word from me. My friends Jaw hit the floor and everyone there loved the ibook. Showed them a lot of features of Tiger and the Mac. They all loved it and most knew it was an Apple from the lighted Apple on the lid. Lately everywhere I take the iBook I get positive comments from everyone there and even the Mac and OSX haters come around when they see how well OSX works and how easy some tasks are. The iBook made everyone at the party happy including it's owner! Glad I took it with me. Many who have seen it want a Mac. I told them to go with an Intel based Mac for even more speed and future proofing! The iBook made my time at the party Fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
is this the Partridge Forum/Family? or Family/Forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
is this the Partridge Forum/Family? or Family/Forum?

That's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Eric, my daughter was a late talker too, and now she's a complete Mac head. She's the only 12-year-old in her class who knows how to completely troubleshoot her class' iBooks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Well I've never had any catastrophic problem whatsoever with my Macs, I'm about to get 2 JVC HDGY100s, my job is sweet, I've got a girlfriend, and I just got a hair cut that actually looks good on me.

Good times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well I've never had any catastrophic problem whatsoever with my Macs, I'm about to get 2 JVC HDGY100s, my job is sweet, I've got a girlfriend, and I just got a hair cut that actually looks good on me.

Good times.

no problems with the macs, want the camera, we have the same job, no girlfriend, and i need a hair cut...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I've had my Mac for almost a week and have been talking it up online with my dad and my brother. I'm at my parents' house for Christmas and they wanted me to bring my Mac, so I did. I went to bed around 4:00 this morning... this thing has a lot of features worth an encore!

OP
D3v1L80Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Excellent guys... let's keep this going, we're on a roll!!! :black:

I just got a hair cut that actually looks good on me.
Show some pics and we'll be the judge of that
icon12.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i am very happy that i hooked my macbook pro to my quad to use the quad as an external hd, because i was in the mood to edit on the laptop (idk.. some times i am weird) through the same firewire external video worked! i was very surprised!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
gotta dig this up.

i am amazingly happy that i have one more hour of work for the week and then have four days off (including a date-night with my wife).

Reaction score
Well, Mac-Forums is bound to hold sad stories, and with great power comes great responsibilty (I'm listening to the spider-man soundtrack right now), so we must endure this. The cemetery guy has to face death every day, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I'll just bullet mine because right now my life kicks!
-My girlfriend is in town and I havent seen her in two weeks due to her new school
-I am about to celebrate 1 year with her Mar 5th and am thinking about popping the question
-My college ministry is thriving
-I get paid to hang out with a kid and watch him play video games
-I got a macbook a month ago and it is amazing
-I made the dean's list
-Eric made motm(okay im just sucking up now)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I am simply in love with my MacBook. I've had it for 3 weeks as of today, I've just upgraded the hard disk to a 120GB unit, and will be upgrading the ram shortly to 1GB. This is an amazing machine. I enjoy working with it and pushing it, and having it do what I want it to do. Moreso though, it works with me, never really gets in my way, and is pleasant to use.

I look at it and admire what people have done to make this machine what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
i <3 my macbook
i took it into school just to show it off :D
every1 loves it
people have even said they saving up for one now

i just going to bullet some stuff now lyk skye23412
-I turning 16 in 3 days
-My pocket money increased
-I have the greatest group of friends i could ask for
-I just had the best xmas ever *my mac turned up*
-I was accepted into college

Thats about it :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
As a switcher, I have been holding off using iphoto. I've left my Canon sit here full of pics and sort of afraid to do anything. Yesterday I took the plunge but it wasn't a plunge at all!! Simple, more than simple. Plugged in my camera and that's about it! WOW! I'm so impressed and pleased (once again)! I truly love the ease of using my imac!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had the same experience when I first got my Powermac G4 3 years ago now. Plugged in my then new Olympus and iphoto came up and imported my pics. I was quite impressed and the time and still am 3 years later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i was called a mac snob last night (in a loving way)
it as nice :D

hehe i love my mac. but i miss my powermacG5... and my powerbook...
if i could have a room of mac's, and cat's. I WOULD.... oh yes... i would.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.