• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Safari v69 Released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
MacRumors.com is reporting the v69 has been released with the following reported by a Spanish MacMagazine article:

We receive today plus one build of the Safari, the navigator of the
Apple. The version v69, still not set free officially for the public,
basically brings corrections of many bugs and previous pendencies of
builds. Sources affirm that the next official version to be set free
for the company will be v70.

In interface terms, menus and preferences, had not occurred many
changes. The icon of the bar of tools that represents the action "To
complete forms of the AutoFill feature" was a little modified, but of
remaining portion everything continues the same thing. The Apple
corrected one bug serious that it made with that first tab of the
navigator always appeared activated, exactly when you was visiting a
page in another one.

"I am each happyer time using the Safari. With the clearing of v69,
now it is well possible that I start to use it as browser default in
the Mac the X. My publication system in mine blog, b2, now functions
in the navigator. I believe that this is resulted of one generality
that the Apple gave and added compatibility to the many systems that
were not compatible to the Safari, "comments Rafael Fischmann,
responsible generality for the MacMagazine.com.br.

Browser now gained more implementations in the AutoFill feature, and
also it starts to record passwords for the users, as they can see
below in one of screen shots. Moreover, a safe source of the site
affirmed that system of location of applicatory, that allows that the
Safari twirls in the language used for the system of the user, now
functions, in contrast of that happened in v67, when it started to be
implanted.

In the generality, the Safari is super steady and with the still
better performance. He seems same that the desenvolvedores of the
company are giving the final touchs for the clearing of diverse new
developments for the public.

However several readers in the MacRumors forums stated they have gotten copies of v71. I have seen evidence of it as well. Here's a shot (BTW, it appears to fix the "choose file" forum bug ;) )

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Screenshot...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
its been a while since theyve had a public release. maybe if v71 is stable enough 1.0 might come out before panther is officially released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Fluid - have you use v71?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Source: AppleInsider.com

On March 23, members of Apple's Safari Software Seeding beta program received an email from Apple informing them that the Safari beta program had seen its last seeding. "Due to Safari 67 postings to the Internet, we have closed the Safari Seed project," the memo read, in part. "We know that the majority of you are not responsible for the leaks to the Internet, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback, time and effort with this project."

On Thursday, March 27th Apple pressed on with development of the the company's self-branded web-browser, privately seeding beta 69, and on April 4th, beta 71. A shinny new build of Safari (beta 72) is expected to be seeded to internal staff and testers later today, if it has not been posted already.

The focus for the remainder of the Safari 1.0 beta program is to ameliorate the stability and performance of the browser for release as part of Apple's forthcoming update to Mac OS X. Beta 69 marked the appearance of one noticeably new function under the Safari application menu entitled "Reset Safari." "Resetting Safari erases your browsing history, empties the cache, clears the Downloads window, and removes cookies. It also removes any saved names and passwords or other AutoFill text and clears Google search entries," reads the confirmation window. The only other recognizable change to the build was an updated AutoFill button that lies in the button bar.

Safari beta 71 marked no noticeable cosmetic alterations or feature additions, but does sport noticeable optimization improvements. For starters, the development team has compressed the browser 3.1 Megabytes in size with beta 71, recoiling the application from 14.2 MB down to 11.1. In distribution form, this leaves the browser just under a 4 MB download.

More notably, however, Safari beta 71 marks the beginning of what Apple is calling Safari 1.0 Beta 2, in preparation for the second public seeding of Safari due out any day now.

G

Giaguara

71 is faster significantly, and works definitelly better on sites that before gave problems. this is the first time i really like safari.

probably steve will pull the rabbit out of his hat in wwdc = release the public version. 71 is significanly better than the previous, and i hope the added features to the public official release won't be only useless langprojs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
works great, dont like the keychain access prompts i had for about 5 sites. of course i want to always allow access for myself

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.