icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Okay so i have a folder for all my school work and i want to change the icon to a cool icon if someone can make me one :) or find me one having to do with the University of Arizona! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
in google just search for mac os x icons. loads of sites

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay so i found some ions saved the folder to my desktop. Now where should i move all these icons to? any recommendations and now how do i change the icons for instance the finder icon widget icon a folder icon etc
? and i am still looking for a University of Arizona icon

'

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
To Change Icon on folders or Apps:

1 - Right Click on the icon you wish to change, select Get Info

2 - Do the same on the icon you wish to copy.

3 - On the icon to copied, select the icon graphic at the top, then select Edit > Copy from the Menu Bar.

4 - On the icon to be changed, select the icon graphic at the top and select Edit > Paste from the menu bar.

5 - The icon should now have the new graphic.

6 - In some cases when the graphic does not paste, you have to select the old icon and hit delete to remove it and then paste the new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
Also in the OSX download section at the Apple website there are heaps of free icon packages.

M

MacHeadCase

I think the forum and its members are very good at replying to questions. No need to bump threads just because replies didn't come in two hours and a half after asking.

It's not like your computer can't boot anymore or the hard drive is about to crash with all your data on it.

Jeez! Relax awready... I'd swear you're working on Wall Street or something. Not only that but if you'd searched you wouldn't have had to wait for the reply!Gah!

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ay no need to complain noone else did! im just a little impulsive newbie who wants to play dont yuck my fun blahhhh

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I got the hang of most of these icons but i cant seem to change the finder icon and widget icon~? also im still trying to find a cool University of Arizona icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
So I got the hang of most of these icons but i cant seem to change the finder icon and widget icon~? also im still trying to find a cool University of Arizona icon

that's a pretty specific icon anyway. If you want, I could make an icon for you for your uni - just give me the specifics. The university logo would probably work best since photos will have cropped edges, and look pretty poor as icons. A good icon shouldn't have cropped edges. Anyway, let me know if you want me to have a go at making one for you - I've some experience making icons, so it shouldn't take me long.

As for changing the finder icon and others like that, check out Candybar. It's a very useful app for changing icons, including many system ones.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that would be awsome! thanks im me if you have AIM @ hotskate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
here's a .png you can use :)

It'll be good for one size. If you want a versatile icon you'll have to go thru CandyBar or some app that'll have good resolution images for every imaginable size.

arizona.png

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much can anyone make that icon a cooooler icon though? its for all my documents like powerpoint presentations, word documents, excel files, etccc all for school

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Thank you very much can anyone make that icon a cooooler icon though? its for all my documents like powerpoint presentations, word documents, excel files, etccc all for school

Well, you might look into whether the school has any variations on its logo, some get real particular about how they'd like their logo presented. If its up for variation, you might let us know. Ask them first before plastering it on your papers. They might be up for some freelance work. ;) Let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
here's a .png you can use :)

It'll be good for one size. If you want a versatile icon you'll have to go thru CandyBar or some app that'll have good resolution images for every imaginable size.

I thought Candybar only applied the icons...
also, 'every imaginable size' only goes up to 128x128px.

I could probably create a custom logo like the uni's logo, but to suit the OS X look. Hotskate, I don't chat very often (and time differences between you and me will likely be huge) so I'll see what I can come up with. I'll post here or PM you when I've got something to show ;)

Well, you might look into whether the school has any variations on its logo, some get real particular about how they'd like their logo presented. If its up for variation, you might let us know. Ask them first before plastering it on your papers. They might be up for some freelance work. Let us know.
I think he meant the folder with this icon will contain that work. I don't think he intends to print it on all the papers he does. You'd need a higher res or vector file to do that.

edit:
OK, got one icon done. I don't know if I could make it any 'cooler' than that - I was just working with the original logo. Looking at it now, it seems very Homestarrunner-ish :p
Well, hope it'll do. Enjoy!
arizona_icon.png

Just save this image. Do you know how to change folder icons?

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.