• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

no sound in imovie

Reaction score
i am borrowing a macbook from a friend so i can burn my recruitment tapes for soccer. im using imovie hd 6.o.3 (267.2). i have 90% of one game on one dvd and 10% on a different dvd. well thats not my problem, my problem is that there is no sound after i import them to edit to make one tape. I have tried importing through imovie and by ripping the dvd to my external hard drive, then importing to imovie and still no sound. how can i get sound? also is there a way that i can burn the final dvd with my pc using nero 6 ot 7 or some other software? this way i can burn two dvds at once, one with my pc and one with the macbook. if there is something im missing when im first importing please tell me. please help cuz im a noob when it comes to macs.

F.B.

p.s. the files of the clips when i double click on them in imovie say vts(numbers which i doubt are important).dv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I've never ripped from a DVD so am unsure of the answer. Perhaps it is just related to this link. Can you play one of the files in Quicktime and hear the audio?

In iDVD you can "Save as Disk Image" under the File menu rather than writing to a DVD first. I would think you could than copy this to the PC and tell Nero to copy it to a DVD as a disk image. I'm not familiar with Nero, but Toast on the Mac can do this, as well as Disk Utility I believe.

OP
P
Reaction score
is there anyway i can get sound without re-ripping, and reedditing my video, cuz that would take a long time. any ideas on why i can get sound. why cant imovie play video ts with sound?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.