• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie help w/ photo transitions

Reaction score
I'm working on my first imovie slide-show. The problem I'm having is when I insert a transition between photos that have the "ken burns" effect, it loads then kinda pulses once the photo loads after a transition.

its kinda hard to describe w/o seeing it, but if you've come across this, is there a global setting to fix this? I have about 70 images w/ a transition between them and each does a very quick pulse that is annoying and doesn't make a good movie.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
are you seeing this "pulse" in the final exported product, or just in the playback? I'm a little confused though, why don't you just use iPhoto to make the slideshow.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking that, just create the slideshow and send it to iDVD from the Share menu. I think you can only add the one global Transition, though.

I also tried to recreate your iMovie prob, imported photos (with Ken Burns effects) and added transitions, but there were no pulses or anything, it all played back smoothly.

OP
P
Reaction score
I added the photos first in imovie, then added the transitions (each a different one) then went back and reset the display-time of the image between transitions. (After playback, I noticed they were too long and wanted to shorten them).

I think the change of the display time is what caused this "pulse" from when the origional transition was added.

Hope this helps. I'm new to iMovie and thought I could make some global changes w/o affecting certain things (or hoping they would adjust with the new settings.... guess not).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.