Search Rocks! No Sound from Browser Solved

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
To all you switchers out there, I would like to reinforce an important message about these forums. Pretty much any question you have has likely been asked and answered right here in these forums over time. You have access to this accumulated treasure trove of information via the Search function. You WANT to use it, vs. posting the question without searching it first. Why? Immediate results! Why wait for an hour or a day for a response when you can have one right away?

Case in point. On Apple's start page today is an tongue in cheek video review of Windows Vista, claiming to prove that it is not just a lame rip off of Mac OS X's best features (of course it proves exactly the opposite, in a humorous way). When I went to play the video I got video, but no sound. ***, I said to myself.

I went to these forums and typed this into search: "no sound web". Bang, I got back a page of results, with the very first one I looked at solving the problem. I instantly had sound again and was able to enjoy the video.

BTW, if you are having this very problem, try the above solution. I guarantee you will have sound again in moments.

Use Search - it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am in love with this post...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.