macbook games sticky thread?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
would it be possible to get a sticky thread for games running on macbooks?

i think, preferably this should go in the macbook forum, but could go in the osx apps as well (though the macbook could/will outlast osx, and still have no videocard).

the reasons i think this is important enough for a sticky are these:
  • macbooks don't have dedicated video
  • seems a lot of switchers switch to macbooks and may be used to "pc gaming"
  • it's tough to find games that will play well on a macbook, and an easy to find and update resource may save people time and money.

there's a decent, recent thread here

i'd suggest moving this one to the macbook forum and stickying it. alternatively, i could consolidate the information and make a new thread that you guys could sticky.
in the case of the latter, i could update my initial post with updates from info added (and credited of course).

what do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
i dont see why not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
sticky's are only for the most important information on the forums.... A sticky for games that will run on the macbook is slightly unrealistic and not necessarily needed. I would recommend you make a thread about it, and if it is really good people will still be able to find it through a search.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
sticky's are only for the most important information on the forums....

what about this? seems to fit the exact same bill - or even less so, then my request.

and not to be rude, but i'd rather hear this from an actual mod/admin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There already is the Applications and Games Forum. I agree that there really isn't much call for a stickied thread about this in the MacBook Forum, as that is for Hardware related questions only.
The FAQ thread that you linked is in the appropriate forum, and isn't dedicated to any one machine. The information contained within it is general and on topic with the forum it is posted in (discussion of HD Video in the Movies and Video section).

You are more than welcome to create a thread about games on the MacBook in the Games section, if you like.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
db, i linked that second thread, not because it was off-topic (which i agree, it's not), but because it didn't seem too terribly important (as pbg4 was trying to point out otherwise).

it was just a thought. would have been nice since we macbook (only) people are in kind of a unique situation for very new hardware. guess we'll all just have to keep searching and/or bumping...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.