Is this possible?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure if this is possible, but I have a folder which has a size of 5gb. I want to burn this to a dvd-r. Is there a way to compress the folder to a smaller size? I think winzip was the tool needed for Windows, but what can I use for Mac?...if such a program exist...

Thanks for reading,

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Stuffit

or get a dual layer disc.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll out stuffit deluxe (I've only got "Expander" at the moment). They say it can shrink photos by 30%, is it as effective with data?

But also, how do I know whether my dvd writer can burn dual layer discs? I don't want to buy some blank ones only to find that they're not compatible...

Thanks,

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
the latest macbook pros, the older macbook pro 17 inch, the latest powermacs and all mac pros.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Macbooks also have the option for dual layer burning. The black ones come stock with it and the white ones have the option to upgrade from the regular DVD burner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.