Concerns with running Bootcamp on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
So I just want to install Windows on my Mac so I can play games, but I want to make sure I don't get any viruses that infect windows. If I just load up Windows, do I have any problem if all I do is got on the game I want to play, maybe play online, but no websearching or anything like that? Or is being online in general leave me up to attack, so I should download the security updates?

-Thanks

Reaction score
Games generally do not infect your computer with spyware or viruses when you play online. If you're only going to play games, I recommend getting a free virus scanner (such as AVG) and a free spyware scanner (such as ad-aware personal edition). You should run the virus scan once a month or so, and the spyware scan once every 10 days. Yes, do download the Microsoft Security Updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
bottom line, when you boot windows on a mac its basically a PC. so you will need all of your virus software, spyware etc to keep it safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
If you dont ever use the web you dont have to worry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.