Flash converter NEED HELP!!

Reaction score
Ok, I work on a macbookpro intel based. I do filming and video editing for a company. Now that I have finished some of the videos its time to post them online. So my boss wants me to give him the videos as flash files (.flv) so that people can view them right away instead of a .mov file which would be a link to another page. So... I am working with Final cut express HD.. there is no converter to flash in there so i need another 3rd party program that would be somewhat cheap and that i can convert to .flv. If anyone knows of some good programs let me know as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!
-Dylan
[email protected]

Current programs i already know of:
Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 - I would like this one but its up to my boss to purchase it.

ffmpegX
- Downloaded the trial but it doesnt work. Wasted alot of time on it when it didnt work. :radioacti

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, I work on a macbookpro intel based. I do filming and video editing for a company. Now that I have finished some of the videos its time to post them online. So my boss wants me to give him the videos as flash files (.flv) so that people can view them right away instead of a .mov file which would be a link to another page. So... I am working with Final cut express HD.. there is no converter to flash in there so i need another 3rd party program that would be somewhat cheap and that i can convert to .flv. If anyone knows of some good programs let me know as soon as possible. Thanks for reading!
-Dylan
[email protected]

Current programs i already know of:
Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 - I would like this one but its up to my boss to purchase it.

ffmpegX
- Downloaded the trial but it doesnt work. Wasted alot of time on it when it didnt work. :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
well should you be converting it into .swf and not .flv?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shockwave file i think. thats what a flash movie is when you export it.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Mod note: merged duplicate threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mod note: merged duplicate threads.

does that black smilely thing post automaticly every time you reply cause i can see a white line between it and your post

OP
S
Reaction score
ok well i dont know if it can accept it... the hosting site that the video will be hosted on. They request .flv files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
.swf is a flash movie file...
.flv is a flash video file
.fla is a flash source file- this can not be put online, this is how flash saves a project that you are working on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
.swf is a flash movie file...
.flv is a flash video file
.fla is a flash source file- this can not be put online, this is how flash saves a project that you are working on.

ohh how come mine always exports as a swf from flash 8?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah it does but it will be slow im running it on a pc though.. it runs in rosetta which emulates the ppc processer so it will be slower and use lots or ram

OP
S
Reaction score
well thats all good because i have 2gb of ram.. i just needed to know if it would work. flash 8 is around $120 right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.