Gspot for mac

Reaction score
For windows I had an app called gspot that analyzed video files and told me what video and audio codecs it required and whether I had them. Is there something like that for mac? I keep running accross video files I can't open and I would prefer to only install the codecs I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
VLC Player. It will open almost any video file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Thanks.

What's the difference between MAC and Mac?

MAC is an acronym for Media Access Control (as in MAC address). Mac is a contraction for Macintosh. Some people type MAC to mean a Macintosh... which is clearly wrong, because you don't type 'Hi, I have a MACintosh' do you?

I think his sig is referring to the fact that forums attract many people who either cannot type, or are illiterate, which is quite possibly a fair assessment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Zoolook is very correct.

Reaction score
Vlc

I'm trying to open my video file in VLC, but I am only getting audio. Is it for video? the files are quicktime HDV 1080p24

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'm pretty sure mac was different to Mac which was different to MAC.
We know:
MAC=Media Access Control
Mac= word short for Macintosh
but what was mac for? I remember soemone's sig said mac was a rubber rancoat or something if I remember correctly. Would anyone know anything about this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.