Can't delete from flash drive

Reaction score
I have a flash drive that I used on my PC for a long time and now I've been using it to move things to my mac from my PC. I've found that when I try to delete something off the flash drive from the mac it removes the file from the window but it doesn't free any space. I have to delete the files from the drive in windows to actually free up the space. How can I fix this so it works correctly on my mac?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
After you move the item to the trash, you must empty the trash to complete the process.

Reaction score
didn't work for me

I tried emptying the trash and ejecting the drive then reinserting and it still says I only a have a few mb's left. Macbook semi-pro is more like it. I now have to go buy CD's to move a file, this will make me late mac.

ps. this has happened with every jump I've bought.:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
This post was from almost 4 years ago...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I tried emptying the trash and ejecting the drive then reinserting and it still says I only a have a few mb's left. Macbook semi-pro is more like it. I now have to go buy CD's to move a file, this will make me late mac.

ps. this has happened with every jump I've bought.:Angry:

This is as good as your other post:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/178992-3-4-finger-swipe-not-working.html#post980043

this is bs. mine's been doing this since b4 snow leopard and it continued after. I guess I'm gonna have to do without my laptop for however long it takes to get fixed with applecare. not cool mac. not cool at all. I'm no longer an advocate after this and other problems. Its a facade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.