Cookies/Cache/etc

Reaction score
So uh... With PCs it was kind of involved to clear out history/cookies/file caches etc. Do Macs contain the same type of thing? Do they save webpages, cookies etc? If so how do you clean them out? :bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
user>library>caches and you can delete them..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
There is a web cache, cookies and a history in most, if not all, browsers. In Safari, it is as easy as selecting Clear History and Empty Cache from the menu bar. For cookies you can go into the Preferences and have it not accept cookies from any site, always accept them or just from sites you navigate to. You can easily clear those as well

JRV

Reaction score
what do i need to clear in order to hide temp files connected to nudy sites i visit? just the browsers cache or the system cache too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I suggest taking a look at a program called Onyx. It has lots of cleaning and maintenance options. Just select all the cache and forms buttons, hit the Execute button, and you're in the clear. Much easier than digging around on your own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.