Just arrived! My Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD
Fedex just dropped it off an hour ago. I'm a switcher.

I will get through most of the threads here, but real quick, how do I resize the browsing window to full screen?

Ex-PC semi-pro, Mac idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
you dont... well you can but you have to drag it from a corner like in windows.. but usualy its not neccasary just click the green circle and it will go to the size best for that window

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it. I remember reading about the corners in Macworld but I couldn't find it until I hit the green button again. Thanks.

I took a class on Office on PC a while back. Is there a similiar text book out for Mac

I feel pretty lost right now.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, what are the thoughts for .xls on Mac? My company uses Excel for spreadsheets. Should I go with Office for Mac or is there something on here now or do I need to look at something else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
office is the way to go if your working for a company that uses office for their work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You can go full screen using this tool.

Congrats. on you new purchase !

M

MacHeadCase

Clicking on the green button in the top left of any window will maximize it. Re-clicking on the green button the window will bring it back to its former size.

Congrats on your latest acquisition! :girl:

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got a Cannon SD450 that I need to figure out how to talk to this machine. As soon as I can do that I'll post pics of my new machine.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
office is the way to go if you need to integrate into an office (with outlook for meetings and such. otherwise it's just a lot of money lost.

try neooffice, works just fine with ms formats (.doc, .xls, etc).

good luck with your macbook!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've got a Cannon SD450 that I need to figure out how to talk to this machine. As soon as I can do that I'll post pics of my new machine.

On your Canon camera if it does not show up on the desktop (Which some Canons won't), or won't show up in iPhoto, go to Applications and open Image Capture. That should do it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.