switcher: questions about itunes, wireless, bootcamp...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 CD Macbook, 1GB; 2.16 C2D iMac 20", 2GB
First of all thank you for looking.

I'm scared and so excited at the same time.

I'm planning on switching soon, I'd like to get the 20" Imac.

Here are my questions...

ITUNES

I understand my Ipod will restore factory setting and all of my files will be gone if I use it with the Imac, - so what are my options in getting my purchased songs back (no third party software - the Imac is burning a hole in my pocket already...) Will I be able to just download them again, for free in Itunes? Or do i have to burn discs??? :(

WIRELESS

Actiontec DSL Modem http://www.infowest.com/Support/Setup/DSL/actiontec_gt

My Modem has one ethernet port and is currently in my livingroom, connected to my desktop pc, and wirelessly connected to my laptop pc, will i be able to connect the imac to this as well?

BOOT CAMP

This program is on the imac already, right?
Can I use the WinXP restore disc that came with my (HP) laptop?

PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 4.0

I'm using Paint Shop Pro for all of my photo editing needs. Is PE a good alternative for me?

FRONT ROW

I watched Steve Jobs introduce this feature at macworld on youtube.
He said it doesnt need to be configured or set up or something. Sounds to good to be true. So I will be able to access the files on my laptop?? Obviously not my desktop since it doesnt have a wifi card. How does it do this???

Thank you in advance, I would really appreciate some help....

Nova

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
iTunes: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300173 should be able to help you moving your music over to your new iMac.

Wireleless: Your iMac has a built in Aiport Extreme card so it should be able to connect to your wireless router without problem.

Bootcamp: Is not installed on your iMac but can be downloaded here http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/ for free.

Front Row: I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this question. Front row allows you to get to your multimedia files with the remote control packaged with your iMac.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd highly recommend searching. All of your questions have been answered before and you'll find valuable insight.

Searching should always be the first thing you do.

OP
NovaRealta
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you

Thank you very much for your help.

Can I use my laptops restore disc for bootcamp or do i need an actual storebought copy of xp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
No for two reasons, the first is that its a violation of the license. Plus you need a standalone copy of Windows.

OP
NovaRealta
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No for two reasons, the first is that its a violation of the license. Plus you need a standalone copy of Windows.

Thank you, good to know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.