SO many questions!

Reaction score
I would like top buy a 24" imac but before I do I would like to have some questions answered.
I use alot of bit torrent and was wondering which program is best?
How do I change my desktop wallpaper?
How do i defrag?
Do apples come with "bloat ware" like windows computers?
I use my current monitor with my Xbox 360, how do I do that with an imac?
Is is tue that all apple imacs have wireless built in?
Is OS X efficent? as in is there things I wont use that I should deactivate to save memory?

I would love some help, thnak you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There are several BitTorrent Clients
- Azureus (Bit of a memory hog but plenty of features)
- BitTorrent (official client, not very customizable)
- xTorrent
- Bits On Wheels
- BitTomato

Just take a look and see which one you like best

You can change your wallpaper in System Preferences -> Desktop and Screensaver

There is no defragging necessary in OS X

There is nothing extra installed on top of what is listed on the technical specs page of the machines on apple.com

You need a TV tuner that has game mode (www.elgato.com) because the iMac doesn't have a video in (you will not be able to get HD because there are no tuners that have component or VGA input)

Yes

It is very efficient. The only thing I have disabled because I don't use it is Dashboard, but thats just my personal preference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Depends on what you consider bloatware. Everything in the package is useful. Garageband could be called bloatware because it's audio files takes up a lot of disk space. Of course if you don't use it, no RAM memory is used.

The current iMacs have; "Mini-DVI output port with support for DVI, VGA, S-video, and composite video connections via adapter". This allows you to have a second display I believe. That wasn't true before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
PLEASE also try searching. All of your questions have been answered and I'm sure you'll find valuable information.

Reaction score
How do I change my desktop wallpaper?
How do i defrag?
Is is tue that all apple imacs have wireless built in?
Is OS X efficent? as in is there things I wont use that I should deactivate to save memory?

- Change your Wallpaper in System PReferences
- Defrag is not necessary (Why, you ask? Well, to put it simple: OSX has a different way of organizing and accessing files on a hard disk (HFS+), which is much more efficient than Windows' NTFS or FAT File System. So Files are kept in a proper way from the start, and optimized automatically from time to time, so you don't have to defrag.

- Macs (not really Apples - I know I'm geeky) don't really come with any bloatware, depends on what you mean. iTunes and Safari do use up lot of system resources, but they don't appear "bloaty" or unmanageable by any means, in fact they perfrom nicely and don't fall over you with templates and buttons and blinky stuff (speak IE7 or WMP 10).

- Elgato makes some good stuff. For gaming, the EyeTV 250 is the product I use. It has a gaming mode which works quite well, but you need a fairly quick processor and an iMac with a Core 2 Duo will do fine for that. All iMacs have Core 2 Duos if bought new.

- All current macs have an Airport Card built in. Check for Airport in the System specifications list.

- Macs are pretty efficient with OSX being a solid usable system OS.
You don't really need to do any maintenance. But OSX IS memory intensive, so get as much memory you can afford. I suggest you get your own memory from a non-apple vendor for cheaper prices. It's really easy to install. In the U.S., I hear newegg.com is good for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.