• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Making a montage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Let's say you wanted to put together an example of your work on one single DVD, that comprised of clips from several different i-movie projects... Something in the same vain as one of those HBO trailers that advertise the forthcoming movies for the following month, is this possible?

How can I select the finest chunks from several projects and paste them together into a new project which I could then add to or take away and maybe change the soundtrack to cover all?

Thanks in adv

Cameron

Reaction score
Go into each iMovie project and export them to quicktime (.dv files). Then make a new iMovie project (if thats the editor you will be using) and import all the files and cut them together the way you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.