Photoshop Elements 3.0 or 4.0??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I'm gonna add this to my christmas list and was wondering which one to go with. I downloaded the free trial of 3.0 and really like it, so I'm tempted to ask Santa to get me the older version.

Does 4.0 have any noticable changes that I would like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
4.0 is the way to go. I used 2.0 and 3.0 for years, and there's a huge difference with 4.0.

There are a lot of really cool enhancements to 4.0, including the Magnetic Lasso Tool and a bunch of others that don't come to mind right now.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Photoshop Elements 5.0 is now out. Go there for sure.

A

Aaron_H

Adobe really cheeses me off-- they did this with Elements 4.0, where it was released for Windows while the Mac version followed 4 months later.

Don't worry. I'm still using v2. ;)

Is it worth getting a newer version. Since last time I looked v3 didn't really have much extra added onto v2...

Not sure about 4 (Or I'll wait until 5 comes out)..

I don't care about the file organisers, or quick fix things, they're all just too basic.. The only reason I use elements is because I can't afford the full one. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
As I posted above, 4 has a lot of enhancements that make the jump worthwhile. I went from Elements 2 to Elements 4 and I've been very happy with the upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Whoops! My apologies folks. I didn't even check - I just ASSUMED that the Mac version was available. Sorry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.