Windows XP SP2 Problem...

Reaction score
Where could I find the disc needed to install this OS?
My friends told me it was an upgrade for XP, but I have no idea where to get it.
Do I just use the normal XP disc or do I HAVE to get this specific version? Thanks in advance. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Well, after the Windows XP main release they have also released two major security/feature updates.(SP1 and SP2) They are available for free to download from the MS website. Once you download them you have to repack them along with XP. I have seen couple of guides in the Net. Try Google.

OP
C
Reaction score
How would I repack the downloads to the main installer disc?
Would I download it off of my Mac, then put them on a disc or something? I'm confused... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here are the instructions but you can do it only on a Windows PC.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks! One more thing, though... Is it possible to just buy the Windows XP SP2 version on a disc, or do I have to use this procedure?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Thanks! One more thing, though... Is it possible to just buy the Windows XP SP2 version on a disc, or do I have to use this procedure?

If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2 which is what is needed to install on the Bootcamp (I assume this is why you're asking).

OP
C
Reaction score
So I just have to buy a retail version, and I'll get it? Awesome! Thanks a lot Zoolook! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2

Unless you're getting restore disks in a weird format, or just a partition on the hard drive, of course.

Reaction score
If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2 which is what is needed to install on the Bootcamp (I assume this is why you're asking).

Do you have to buy a retail version of XP? I saw an OEM that said to be a windows xp full install with SP2 (new, of course) . I am looking for windows xp for my mac but wasn't sure if I should buy the cheaper OEM or the retail one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.