Burning Pictures

Reaction score
Im trying to burn pictures from my macbookpro. I know how but it burns them in a tiny picture. I want to burn it the best and biggest quality I have. How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Have you tried burning them through iPhoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
How are you burning them to get a tiny picture? It sounds like you're just burning thumbnails rather than the images themselves, which is quite odd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
How are you burning them to get a tiny picture? It sounds like you're just burning thumbnails rather than the images themselves, which is quite odd.

that could be it - but how is it even possible? When I first started using iPhoto some years ago, there were some issues I had with the library where thumbnail-like images appeared in the library. I've no idea what caused it though, as I never touched the photo files in Finder. Maybe he's burning something like that though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I would look at the files in finder, that way you can see the file size and know if it is the full image or preview created by iphoto.

I just drop and drag in the finder window to the superdrive after putting the disk in, has worked fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I am burning the thumbnail, but heres the deal. When I view the pictures in iphoto they are large and clear. When I go into the files where they are stored in iphoto and open them up with preview they are small. I tried burning them in iphoto and it burned them small again. Does iphoto automatically readjust the size or something? Cause they are way smaller then they came off the camera.

BTW, I printed one picture out on a a full sheet picture paper and it is very clear, so I know the picture quality is there somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You can drag pictures straight out of the iPhoto album view into the burn folder; you don't need to look into the filesystem. By the sound of it you're looking in the thumbnails folder. I can't remember off hand where the real pics are kept - I'll have a look later.

OP
C
Reaction score
I figured it out. I had to export the pictures to the desktop and then burn them. For some reason the large files are hidden or something. Who knows. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.