Quick iTunes question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Duo 2.16Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 465.32Gb HDD/80Gb iPod video 5G
Hi,

I'm probably being incredibly dense but... If I want to look at the images in iPhotos and I go this way:

HD>Pictures>iphoto library>originals>2006>pictures

then I see a list of images, but if I then:

click on iphotos andI'm in library then I see a slightly different amount of images.

If I go trawling the net and want to save images, where's the best place to store them so that when I open up iphotos, they are all there?

Can someone advise and explain the logic of the difference in selection of images depending on how I look in iphoto?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
It's a little hard to know what you're asking there. Generally, I keep photos in iPhoto. If I download images, I'll keep them in folder elsewhere, and manage it manually.

There's very little need to check in Finder for your iPhoto pics - since they all appear in iPhoto anyway. The reason the numbers might differ is because some photos may exist in one folder as well as numerous others. I'm not sure of the reason this happens since I don't browse through photos in finder anymore.

If you want to see photos in iPhoto, use iPhoto. It seems to me that you say you don't... I'm a little confused there.

If you want to add downloaded images to iPhoto, I'm guessing you can simply select them in Finder, and drag and drop them into iPhoto. Alternatively, from iPhoto you can choose File>Import to Library. This will copy the photos from their current location to the iPhoto library, so you should be able to delete the originals then. The copies will be managed by iPhoto and stored appropriately.

Again, I'm not exactly sure of your question, but I hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.