Quark 6 Gripe

S

spywryder

I have a grip with Quark 6. . . again...what a surprise...

In Quark 4 when you used the get picture command, instead of scrolling through the folder to find your picture or whatever you could type in the name and it would jump right to it. Quark 6 does not do that. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me and does anyone know if there is an extension out to fix it?

OP
M

mebad

spywryder said:
I have a grip with Quark 6. . . again...what a surprise...

In Quark 4 when you used the get picture command, instead of scrolling through the folder to find your picture or whatever you could type in the name and it would jump right to it. Quark 6 does not do that. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me and does anyone know if there is an extension out to fix it?

I share your pain...and I think this is the extension you are looking for http://www.badiaxt.com/bigpicture.html

Don't try 6.1 ...It's buggy as **** and doesn't play well with Panther. I'll wait for 6.2 and 10.3.3 before I jump into that **** hole again. Of course, I'll probably have to wait another eight months for a QXP update.

OP
S

SpikeMHP

Also, in the 'old' Quarks - you could double click a picture, click open publisher and hey-presto, there's the image in photoshop or illustrator. Does Quark 6 do this? Does it heck!

OP
M

mebad

SpikeMHP said:
Also, in the 'old' Quarks - you could double click a picture, click open publisher and hey-presto, there's the image in photoshop or illustrator. Does Quark 6 do this? Does it heck!

The Badia extension above will also do this for you but at quark.com, they have a free extension you can download called Edit Original.

OP
T

TylerMoney

I suggest everyone stop using quark and move to InDesign. It works much nicer, and looks much better. I don't know why quark is so important to the industry, everyone I know hates it, and tries using InDesign instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.