• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is that you over there in Bournville?

Reaction score
From my study window, I can see someone with an iMac in one of the houses on Mary Vale Road in Bournville. I don't suppose you're a member?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I don't think anyone will respond in thread even if it's them. Not giving personal details (like your address) out on the internet and all that :)

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
I'm not asking for their address, just if they're in here. Maybe we can wave at each other or something.

It's a bit like Rear Window with James Stewart. (Did you know he commanded a squadron of B17s in World War 2?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Damm stalkers ;) I just closed my blinds.

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
I don't have binoculars or anything. I just happened to look out of the window and spotted it. Now the leaves have all fallen off the trees there's nothing in the way. A few months ago I actually moved my desk away from the window, so I'd spend less time looking out of the window.

Am I digging myself a hole here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
:) Yep I think you did.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i think that would be kind of fun, to spot someone with a mac somewhere and then find that they come here too. i'd guess the odds are low, but really , how could it hurt? if you know my street address, minus the number (or even with it really) what's the big deal. people get so paranoid about that stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
yes it would be kinda fun haha maybe you should go talk to the person

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.