Need Help!

N

nycks1

I'm new to Mac and need some help. I just got a G4 466mhz and it came with OS 9.1 installed and I put OS X on it and I didn't read the instuctions on how to update to OS X and I don't have a OS 9.1 Disk so I'm S.O.L. can someone help me to get it back to the way it was before with OS 9.1. and how can I update it the right way. Thankz In advance :(

OP
C

Chamorro

Do you have the OS X CD? If you do, insert it and restart the computer, and hold down the "c" key (that should tell the computer to boot from the CD.) You'll probably then want to run a clean install.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is how I see it. If don't have the 9.1 media then, like you said you are out or luck. If you are not using any of the classic application then you wil not have a problem.

As for updates.

After you have installed the base OS (OS X) , set up your network connection. You can use software update to bring your system up to the latest version. I don't know what version you are loading, If it is Jaguar (10.2.x), I would download the latest version of the combo updater and install it.

Which version of Mac OS X do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If you have the restore cd's that came with your system, then you can restore your system to look like it did when it came off the shelf.

If you want to go back to OS 9 and you don't have the restore cd's or an OS 9 installer CD, then you will have to buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.