• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help... wireless isp needed

H

hayato

I recently received my new macbook 13.3 about a month ago. I used to have a pc laptop that ran off a sprint wireless card. because i am hardly ever home, i take and use my laptop almost everywhere. I am looking for a wireless isp that can give me that kind of freedom in terms of being able to use it wherever i need to. i contacted sprint and they said there is nothing they can do for me.

are there any recommendations in terms of providers who can provide similar or comparable service? if so, what would i need? the only time i have internet is my wi-fi hotspot at school. any help would be appreciated.

suggestions are also definitely welcomed

thanks in advance for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I'm pretty sure that Verizon has cards that can go in your Macbook- you may want to check into them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Unless you have a provider that has a USB interface, you can't use the wireless companies' services.

The MacBook does not have an ExpressCard/34 slot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.