Parallels and quickcam?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I just got the trial of Parallels and installed Win2K and actually I'm impressed with the coolness factor of it, but I can't seem to get anything hardware wise (USB stuff) to really work with it so it is kind of useless for what I wanted it for. I have the ICUII video chat program that I have lots of friends in, and they dont make a Mac version so if I want to talk to them I have to use that program. That's why I thought maybe I could use Parallels. It actually runs the chat program, but doesnt see a camera (not the isight nor the logitech quickcam I have). Outside the program, Parallels sees the quickcam in the USB list, but tells me the device is in use by another program if I click on it and to wait 5-10 secs - but never unlocks no matter how long I wait. If I click on the isight, Windows detects it but I understand there is not yet a driver for the iSight. Windows has a logitech driver and if only Parallels would talk to the camera I bet it would work. Has anyone had any luck getting a camera to work through parallels and if so how??

Reaction score
At work we downloaded and installed the Parallels beta and it now does a lot of things the previous version couldn't do including reading USB 2.0 and using the DVD drive as a DVD-burner.

OP
rcltrh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Sadly the new beta still doesn't work with Quickcam, but it actually does state the Logitec Quickcam name in the USB devices list now, so they must be making headway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.