speeding up iphoto

Reaction score
Can anyone give any good tips on speeding up iphoto.

I have over 6500 photos not that well organised and they are quite large 2mb each! I think this is the cause of many problems.

I have an imac G5 2.1GHz powerpc with 1gb ram.

I would also like to name my photos like you name the batches. Is this possible.

Finally i am trying to find a .mov file by date of creation and can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks in advance:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
My initial reaction although I do not use iPhoto is get a bit more RAM. That should allow it to process faster, although 2mb photographs are not really big the fact you have 6500 of them makes for quite a bit of information to process.

Sorry I cannot help with the iPhoto questions for batch renaming.

To find the .mov file, open finder and select your hard drive... type in .mov that should bring up every .mov file you have on the hard drive. You can sort it there by date created...I am not at my MAC right now however can remember being able to sort the findings by date

OP
A
Reaction score
I can't seem to sort by date created in spotlight. It shows the date i last opened the file.

Or is there something other than spotlight

Reaction score
As Odin aa offers, open a Finder window and select your HD, then in the search box to the right type .jpg.

Make sure you click to view all the jpg files as spotlight only shows a few if there are a lot.

To sort by date, go to the top menu and click on View>View Options. In the window click on Sort Within Group By: and select Date.

To batch rename there are a few choices, the 1st of which is:

Launch iPhoto and highlight the batch of photos you want to rename and in the Photos menu select Batch Change and set the prefs you want from the pull-down menu.

You can also download a batch renamer app like A Better Finder Rename or something like it which is great if you want to rename files other than jpgs.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/11366

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.