Holding down delete key?

Reaction score
I just bought a new MacBook after years of using a PC. I notice that holding down the delete key does not give me a repeated delete but rather it just moves the cursor one space to the back and then stops. The same thing happens with the arrow keys: one space in whatever direction and then it stops. If I want to move the cursor 10 spaces backwards, I have to press the arrow button ten times. PCs never had that problem.

Is there a workaround for this, or just a Mac thing?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just bought a new MacBook after years of using a PC. I notice that holding down the delete key does not give me a repeated delete but rather it just moves the cursor one space to the back and then stops. The same thing happens with the arrow keys: one space in whatever direction and then it stops. If I want to move the cursor 10 spaces backwards, I have to press the arrow button ten times. PCs never had that problem.

Is there a workaround for this, or just a Mac thing?

Thanks!
Macs shouldn't have this problem either. I have no problem with repeated keys. Make sure your repeat rate is at a high enough level in your System Preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.