• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Acrobat Reader for OS9

D

david49

I am using this forum for a friend who has a Mac but is running an old version of Reader. She wants to upgrade to the best version that will run on OS9, but cannot do it via the internet as she is on snail paced dial-up modem. I have offered to pose the question for her to see if anyone can supply a cd based copy. I cannot download for her as I am running a Windows based PC (sorry!!) unless there is a way I can do that. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Acrobat Reader downloads a small file that then connects to the Adobe server to download the majority of the program. I don't think it'll work putting it on CD.

If she leaves it a couple of hours on dialup, it'll get there eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you want to download it for her, just choose the Mac version from the drop down menu on the download site. It should download the .dmg file that you can then give her for her Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.