animated sigs/avatars

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I see others with animated sigs/avatars. when I try to add one to my account it just states "You may not upload animated avatars" or "You may not upload animated signatures". Am I doing something wrong? or is this no longer an option? or do I need a higher status or something?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I think they are linked of and hosted elsewhere, instead on hosting them on the site.

So use ImageShack or PhotoBucket to upload the picture file to then place the image address in your Signature and put IMG tags around it.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What file type is the avatar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i believe that the only real animated sigs that are going to be allowed are signiture bars like devilboys which i believe are actually hosted on a website
-chris

OP
KoDorSean
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
something has to be wrong. i have talked to two other users that can't get it to work.

Reaction score
I've just failed to upload an 4.5 kb animated gif 50 x 50.

I get either an 'Invalid File' error message, or 'You may not upload this file' or something similiar.

So it's either not allowed anymore, a bug in Safari or a bug in the Mac-Forum website. Could be anything....but if you google it you'll see that it's happening elsewhere too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.