What resolution to use?

Reaction score
Hi. I got my 17" iMac last night. After connecting to AOL I found that the size of the font was way too small, so small that reading it gave me a headache after a few minutes. Let me stress that my eyesight is fine. I changed the resolution so that the font was much larger and more comfortable to read, however, the focus is a bit blurry. What should I do? What do you do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
I know nothing of AOL, but shouldn't there be a choice somewhere to change the text size? I think the iMac screens are made for 1440x900 resolution, and anything else won't be as good. It's an LCD screen, so it will have a resolution it's best at.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Let me stress that when I changed my font, I did it with the Apple system preferences. The default setting was miniscule, clear but too small. The larger font is much easier to read but blurry. What should I do? If this helps, I have a 17" screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Have you changed the resolution? Any other resolution can and probably will make your screen blurry. I just tried a couple of other resolutions than 1440x900, and it did look blurry indeed. My suggestion is that you change the font size within AOL itself (it's browser right?).

I've got a 17" iMac myself, by the way. But I couldn't find out how to change the default system font and font size.

Reaction score
Sorry, i cant help. but i know i use 1680 X 1050

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.