Some gripes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1 - Clicking forum tools and selecting "Mark Forum read", it simply marks the forums read but leaves you in the forum menu. The old version used to return you to the main menu. This should at lest be an option.

2 - Editing. If I edit a post and click save, it stays at the edit Window. I assume it is waiting for a reason. I don't want to leave a reason and never will. You have to go to advanced to post the revised post. The requirement for a reason is sort of silly, I changed it because I wanted to. This should be bypassable.

3 - Marking all Forums read. How do you do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
2 - Editing. If I edit a post and click save, it stays at the edit Window. I assume it is waiting for a reason. I don't want to leave a reason and never will. You have to go to advanced to post the revised post. The requirement for a reason is sort of silly, I changed it because I wanted to. This should be bypassable.

This is actually a glitch in safari having a problem with the java script. If you refresh the page you will notice that it is actually saved. The next version of Safari is supposed to fix that.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm. Doesn't happen at iLounge, and they are running the same version of the boards as you guys.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
This is actually a glitch in safari having a problem with the java script. If you refresh the page you will notice that it is actually saved. The next version of Safari is supposed to fix that.

can't be just safari.
happens to me running IE6 on an HP laptop as well.

posted this in the other thread on this issue as well.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
and as for marking all forums read, have you tried going to the main index and then doing the "mark forums read" from quick links?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
oh i was told by another member of the forums it was a safari problem, but now that I think about it, i use it on another forum too that does not have problems with it.

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and as for marking all forums read, have you tried going to the main index and then doing the "mark forums read" from quick links?

Nope. Good call. Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am not sure it's a Safari problem either.
doing some testing with this post. Lets see if it does it with a reason.
Still does it even with reason. Going to another browser. In Firefox 2.0 on OSX. Lets see.
Ok in latest Opera, 9.0.2. Still does not refresh. Trying Camino.
So on OSX it does it on all the above browsers.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Nope. Good call. Thanks!

weird. i tried it after i said it and it worked for me - though i'm running IE6 on windows XP pro (at work).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
We'll take a look at this in the office on Monday and see if we can apply a patch soon. Thanks!

--C. A.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Did anything ever come of this? I'm still hanging at the edit window in all browsers on OSX and IE6 on Windows 2000, and FireFox and IE7 on XP.

SoftWareRevue

iNET Interactive
Reaction score
Mat's been quite busy of late. We'll see if we can get him unchained from the server soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Hmmm. Doesn't happen at iLounge, and they are running the same version of the boards as you guys.
It doesnt happen at MR and they are running the same software too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.