• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

What's coming?

Reaction score
I just got quite excited when I saw on the Apple store that they're offering interest free credit over a 6-month period on new Macs. Very tempting, considering I'm thinking of buying an iMac.

But then I noticed that the offer runs until January 8th -- the day before Macworld.

Something new in the pipeline, perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Nice notice! Perhaps something will come...
.::.Colton.::.

Reaction score
my guess is there will be only minor upgrades to existing computers like the imac or mac mini. I doubt they will release anything to outrageous.

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
the only thing i can see coming right after macworld is the latest OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Apple's been doing the 6-month free financing for years. When I bought my iBook in early '05 they had the program going.

The financing is done by a separate bank, not Apple. If you shop around, you can find a year (or more) free financing.

Reaction score
quad-core Mac Pros...

I suspect an update to the video iPod line...

Mac Mini to get core 2 duos...

Higher end Conroes (maybe Xeon) to find their way into iMacs/ Macbook Pros...

OS 10.5.0 launch / full reveal

***Possibilities are limitless, with the criticism on a lack of announcements @ the WWDC '06, I'd doubt Apple/Jobs would tolerate it being repeated. In such, I expect there to be a realm of updates/announcements***

B

boston61401

Where does the Apple store discuss 6 month no financing? I only see 90 day free financing on the Apple website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
For 2007, I think you'll see minor speed bumps on the iMac and Mac Mini, bringing the mini to 2.0Ghz and the iMac to 2.33 at the top end and 1.83/2.0Ghz at the bottom end. For the Mac Pro, I think we'll see the current midrange model become the bottem end model with the midrange becoming a 3.0Ghz box and the top end becoming something marginally faster, like 3.2Ghz

I think you'll see larger had drives on the MacBook and MacBook pro, taking the baseline drives from 60GB/120Gb to 80GB/160GB.

I also expect that Apple will upgrade the GPUs on the iMac and MacBook Pro, moving up to at least X1700 level for HD-DVD playback qaulity.

I think we'll also get a new intel chipset on the MacBook and Mac Mini that will include the newer Intel GMA X3000 / 3000 GPU to support more animation and widowing effects with leopard.

And last but not least, I think we will seee blu-ray as an option for the desktop Macs (iMac, Mac Pro).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
^ A 13.3" MacBook Pro would make a lot more sense, they already have the form factor and screen being manufactured, they could simply rearrange the insides in an aluminum casing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
30 inch quad core imacs... haha wouldnt that be awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
If they made 30 inch quad core iMacs they would have no reason to sell the Mac Pro line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.