How to sand data

Reaction score
how to send data or artwork for printing press from adobe illustrator

in indesign is very nice process

how to prepare a file in Illustrator for sending to a printing press. some time links file make problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Could you expand on your question? What do you mean by "sand"? Are you looking to smooth a grainy image?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Could you expand on your question? What do you mean by "sand"? Are you looking to smooth a grainy image?

a grainy image would most likely be photoshop, rather than illustrator.
But I can't make much sense of it either.
The only other thing I can think of, is optimising the file for print. I'm not too familiar with indesign for print, but I imagine it's pretty printer friendly.

.eps files, although large, are quite good for printers, as they are more the printer's 'language'. Not too sure about what options there are above illustrator 10 though - not all features are supported I think. You can export as .eps from illustrator through the 'save as' window.

pdf is also a good option I guess.

mhtahir, I think you need to elaborate a little ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
They might want it converting to outlines. Select everything and choose Type>Create Outlines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm guessing 'sand' means 'send', and he wants to know how to prepare a file in Illustrator for sending to a printing press. This involves rendering an uncompressed version at 300dpi or higher. AFAIK, TIFF is a good format for that, or possibly PS (or EPS) as has already been mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Any printer should be able to deal with an EPS file saved as outlines.

Otherwise, try PDF-ing:
Go save as PDF and select High Quality Print. In Marks and Bleeds, tick trim marks, type 3mm into the bleed boxes and 6mm into offset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.