Do I need Photoshop????

Reaction score
Want to superimpose 1 photo into the corner of another photo.
Can I do this with iPhoto,do I need a 3rd party pgm??
Thks,
Doug:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You'll need a 3rd party program, but not necessarily Photoshop. Bit overkill to spend that money just for this. There are tons of free graphics apps that will do the job. SeaShore is based on the Gimp and will do the job for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 10.5.6, 4 gig several ImacsG4's 640kb/10.3.9 and an Ibook G4/Tiger
PS Elements

Look at PS Elements, it will do 90% of what the full version will and it costs around $50, free is great but using Adobe you have tons of books and all kinds of online help available,

regards
Ray

Reaction score
Want to superimpose 1 photo into the corner of another photo.
Can I do this with iPhoto,do I need a 3rd party pgm??
Thks,
Doug:confused:

301317025_82dfd2e04c.jpg

G'day bassyb,

If you don't want to mess around with graphics programs but just want a pic within another pic, there's a really quick way to achieve your result using a Word Processing App (text edit excluded).

The easiest way I know is this:

Using a word processing App like NeoOffice, OpenOffice.org or Word for Mac, just launch a new text document and go to the Insert menu and choose Picture>From File and import the 1st picture that you want as the main one, then follow the exact same instructions and import the 2nd picture.

The 2nd picture should import and cover the 1st. Then grab the highlighted corner of the 2nd picture and drag it up towards the corner of your choice.

You should be left with a large picture containing a smaller on within.

Next step is to take a desktop screenshot of the doc to convert it into an image file.

To do this press Shift+Command+4 and notice that the mouse cursor turns into a little crosshair. Simply drag around the picture and release the mouse. A .png file will appear on your Desktop and you can double-click it to view it in Preview and then use the Save-As if you want to convert it into a .jpeg file.

I hope this helps you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Noooo! Word processors are't image editors!

heh, just kidding. It's certainly a roundabout way of doing it.

Can you guess who received 17 4MB BMPs embedded in Word documents last week through email when zipped up PNGs would have been 70KB? :D

Reaction score
This advice is sound and not intended to create any word document.

The end result is a .jpeg file or .png.

My image ended up weighing a paltry 20 kb.

If the OP doesn't want to learn to use a Graphics App and simply wants to create a one off image within an image then the advice I offered is useful and a method I myself use often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, I know. It's just a personal gripe this week after said email experience :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I'm surprised no one mentioned Gimp. Gimp is basically and open source version of Photoshop it will do most anything you need.

Reaction score
yeah, I know. It's just a personal gripe this week after said email experience :)

I personally find it really difficult to learn how to get the most out of Graphics Apps simply due to my short attention span and found that the above was easier for me as I use Word Processors more frequently.

Originally posted by Benjamindaines
I'm surprised no one mentioned Gimp. Gimp is basically and open source version of Photoshop it will do most anything you need.

casabam mentioned Gimp in his/her 1st reply...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
casabam mentioned Gimp in his/her 1st reply...

I'm definitely a 'him' :)

I mentioned SeaShore rather than the Gimp because mentioning the Gimp inevitably leads to 'so how do I install X11.app?' whereas SeaShore just works :)

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website and I have no clue how to open my own thread or whatever so yeah... I think my question is rather simple, but I'm semi clueless about Macs. Is there any way to convert a Word Doc into an image file?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.