Install download?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6 3GB
I downloaded a trial version of a lasersoft program that had a .sit suffix. The documentation/user download asked for a program to open it. Nothing in the applications looked appoiate so I specified my Word trial program. It didn't open it and set itself (word) as the default application.

When I double clicked the program download on my desktop it tried to use word to open the program instead of running an installer.

I removed the word demo but now when I try to open the demo program it says that no application is specified to open it.

What's up?

I have downloaded other programs nd just double clicking opeded the installer and all was fine.

Boy, do I sound like a Mac newbie!

thanks for any help.

Reaction score
LOL Mattlike! I just got my new iMac about 5 days ago and have been going nuts over this big time. Just hours ago, I learned that 10.4+ doesn't have Stuffit loaded even though, Stuffit is an option in "open in" leading people to believe they have it. Gah! What were they thinking?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.