HELP! New G4 emac- problems uploading and sending attachments

B

braford

Sometimes it will... 3/4 of the time, it will not & disconects on me, then I have to restart my computor as it seems to get stuck on "disconecting..." I ran into another forum where another person is having the exact same problems but there were no answers/ideas yet...

I am fairly new to macs & certainly not a computer genius! LOL! So you might have to do some gradeschool level explaining, if someone can help me. I started school for graphic design a year & a half ago, got a new G3 ibook, need I say more? 2 logic boards & 1 hard drive later, I decided I needed something at home dependable that I could upload web pages from, $$$ were limited so in late Dec 2003, I bought a G4 emac & maxed it with memory etc.... as we are also starting video editing...... I love it except for this..... my server says it's my modem, Apple had me run tests & all was fine, they say it's my server... I did not have this problem with my PC and did not have to be real picky about what I sent........ I was entering the wacom photo contest and sending photo attachments in emails that were 2 by 3 inch jpegs......... when it will send, I can send them & even bigger photoshop documents..... when it's working I can send just about anything, when it's not, nothing will send for hours..... no-one seems to have any answers...

1 other thing.... I use the cordless mouse with my intuos 2 wacom tablet and cannot plug it into the USB ports on my keyboard, it says there is not enough power so I have to plug it in to my computer's USB port, of which there are ony 3, so I had to get a hub.... at one point, I thought this migt be the problem but I no longer think so........ I didn't ask until after I got rid of my PC for my MAC but other students are having the same problems, especially ones with the same server, my telephone company..... should I try changing servers? My teacher is thinking I might have to go DLS which is something I really cannot afford right now...... my cat had also pulled down the phone wire in the basement which I put back up, phone company says it could be my wiring or modem, but my PC works & this works off & on..... you would think if it was wiring, it wouldn't work at all.......... ??????? Thanks, Jo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.