Question about Refurbished Macs

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to Macs and have noticed that whenever a new system comes out such as the updated MacBook or MacBook Pro that then there is a line of refurbished macs that come out which seem to be the previous generation systems and of course they are cheaper.
My question, are these leftover inventory that Apple is clearing or are these actual refurbished machines which were sent in and refurbished? Or is the case that it could be either of these? From what I see it seems like these come with warranty so are likely very good deals if you don't need the latest and greatest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Check this thread.

The "Search" button on these forums should be your best friend. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I'm new to Macs too - I just got a Macbook Pro 17" "refurb" (as you can see from caribiner23's link). Other than the box it came in everything looks brand spanking new. Google mac refurbs and you will see nigh 100% satisfaction. Plus, you can return it within 14 days if you don't like it and it comes with a year's warranty.

Buy one, you will not regret it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.