• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Removing Text from iPod movie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4
Using Handbrake I transferred a few movies onto my iPod. Movie images work great. Now how do get rid of the text line in the movie?

Reaction score
Could be the result of you selecting a language in the sub-titles section.

Only way I know to remove them is to redo the compression.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4
Marty- Thanks for your comment. Lack of knowledge here.....By re-doing the compression would I use Handbrake and use the existing mp4 file and recompress it? or do I re-start the complete movie.
Denis

Reaction score
Marty- Thanks for your comment. Lack of knowledge here.....By re-doing the compression would I use Handbrake and use the existing mp4 file and recompress it? or do I re-start the complete movie.
Denis

If you have the movie saved to your hard drive, then use that, otherwise you could try using the existing mp4 file. Just ensure the subtitles section is left empty and if it works then great. Worse comes to worse just redo the movie.

I chose english in the sub titles section, not thinking, and ended up with the text all over the iPod screen. I had the file saved to my HD so I just redid it.

You should check out iSquint, it really reduces the file size on movies and videos.

http://www.isquint.org/

I think it reduced the file size of a movie I had compressed using Handbrake by at least 60 - 70%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.