100% view in iPhoto?

Reaction score
How can we view 100% of an image size in iPhoto? I noticed that dragging the zoom slider all the way to the right is more than 100%. Don't tell me Apple left out such a basic feature in iPhoto. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
How can we view 100% of an image size in iPhoto? I noticed that dragging the zoom slider all the way to the right is more than 100%. Don't tell me Apple left out such a basic feature in iPhoto. :(

People often don't know what they mean when they say view 100% of an image on their computer. Since virtually all digital cameras take a picture great than any monitor resolution can handly, viewing the image at 100% nearly always means you don't see it all.

To view any image in iPhoto as the whole image, either double click on it or move the slider to the right until the one highlighted it is the only image you see. Remember that iPhoto is only a very basic editor and more suited to organising your photos than editing them. You can always view them full screen as a slide show, or via front row.

If you want a better editor, download the GIMP

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

It's just about as powerful as photoshop, but completely free.

OP
K
Reaction score
By 100%, I mean actual size of the image. Coz I would like to observe the amount of sharpening at 100% view.

So i suppose it is not possible in iPhoto? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
By 100%, I mean actual size of the image. Coz I would like to observe the amount of sharpening at 100% view.

So i suppose it is not possible in iPhoto? :(

Yes - double click on a picture to go into edit mode, then slide the slider to the right, which will then zoom right in, so you can view the sharpening more easily.

OP
K
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found it! It is only available if editing in separate window. Thanks a lot, Zoolook. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Nevermind, I found it! It is only available if editing in separate window. Thanks a lot, Zoolook. :)

Just wanted to say this is one of the best iPhoto tips I've seen. Essential now I've just got OnOne Essentials for iPhoto. This software enlarges photos but I couldn't work out how to see the effect as iPhoto showed photos in full screen mode only. Boy was I getting frustrated until I found this tip!.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.