Got someone to switch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Just in one night, I got my roommate, and his friend to switch to macintosh on their next computers.
They have been doing nothing but asking me about the macintosh since yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
That's awesome. I recently did too. My sister wanted a laptop for her graduation present so I convinced her to let us buy her an iBook and she loves it (we gave it early :) ). I've also convinced my mom to buy an iMac for her next computer when she upgrades the one she has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I seem to remember when I wanted a Mac, it was all I would talk about. Drove people nuts. But hey, I'm happy :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ha yea. Ive had an apple since birth, and i still talk about them everyday.. so actually i welcomed the chance to talk about everything good about them.

G

Giaguara

i have made some friends switch.. one of the worst was a all OS but macs geek who now has 4 or 5 macs. :blink: :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
ya the best switchers are the old die hard anti-mac users. ive probably switched 10 people in the last year, 4 of them switched just by watching me use my iMac and how easy it was and how much better everything looked

N

nexKreed

after purchasing a Gateway and then building my own powerhouse ive finally decided im sick of the headaches that come with PCs running windows. i just want to be able to run my apps in peace, and not have to deal with the ceaseless boxes telling my things that arent working right. after wondering around my local Apple store (located in the controversial Crossgates Mall in Albany NY) i decided that the 12" G4 PowerBook is the most bang for my limited buck. my girlfriend is preparing to begin her college career and wanted myself to pick the best computer for her needs. much to her surprise i told her about my up coming Apple purchase and advised her to do the same. After alot of discussion with both her and her mother (who will be paying for the laptop) we have decided to wander the library next year together, proudly showing off our shiny new Macs.

Apple 2 : Windows 0 :)

two thumbs up for Steve and a poke in the eye for Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
those 12" powerbooks are great. a big thing in a small package

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I like the 15", if only Apple would firewire 2 in it.
That all I need.

Also a PPC 970 :)

D

digirep

I am SOLD on Mac

Due to WORK environment, and price HAH, I ventured to IBM compatible computer OS. I initially used CPM OS.

I am convinced on MAC after watching my son use MAC and graduate with his degree in MutliMedia Audio-Video Production.

While I was crashing, reinstalling, and all the stuff, he was SMOOTHLY using a MAC.

I am on my 3rd IBM compatible computer. The MAC is upgradable with ZIF. One cannot due that with anyother OS system computer :cool:

J

JazzTrpt

I have a PC-using friend who asked me to burn one of my cds for him. I decided to wait to burn the cd until he got to my house so I could expose him to the mac experience (he's a mac basher who has never used a mac...). He watched me rip and burn the cd using iTunes and he was like, "Wow...that's all you have to do?" That opened the floodgates. I began showing him the many awesome features of OS X. The next day we went to the Apple Store in Towson so he could decide which Mac he wanted to buy. :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow, i bet we all hope for that type a deal!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.