Quark Vs InDesign

C

CelticHoare

HI,
I work at a TAFE purchasing software. We have 120 MACs running OS X and Panther. I was wanting to get a rough idea on what is more industry standard and to hear users thoughts on both products.

CelticHoare

OP
S

Shannon

In our marketing department I am the one preparing all of the files for printers and magazines. We use Quark 6 exculsively, and out of all of the magazines and printers that we send the files to, I've only had one that would actually accept files in InDesign, but they also would accept a HiRes PDF... so that's what they got.

CelticHoare said:
HI,
I work at a TAFE purchasing software. We have 120 MACs running OS X and Panther. I was wanting to get a rough idea on what is more industry standard and to hear users thoughts on both products.

CelticHoare

OP
T

TylerMoney

Well, I think in the industry the standard is quark...but quark is a terrible thing....it needs to be moved to InDesign. InDesigns works and looks much nicer, and I think would be a good choice to try and use... :)

OP
P

PowerbookG417

as far as industry, printing industry quark 4 maybe, quark 5 most places use quakr 5 only to down save to quark 4. i agree i believe that it should be indesign specially after the release of quark 6. Also for the price quark 6 1300.oo canadian adobe CS suite about the same, all these places quark is killing themselves !

OP
T

TylerMoney

InDesign is much better in version CS. It pretty much makes it pointless to use Quark anything...actually, the previous version was better as well in my opinion. Also...shouldn't a design program look good?...I mean you are designing on it? Quark looks terrible..while InDesing looks like time was put into designing it...so it looks good, and desings very nicely...a much fuller, more tastful program. And it looks like the industry standards are moving from Quark to InDesign....especially after the release of CS....not to mention all the problems people are having with Quark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.