No preview of RAW files in Adobe Bridge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac
This one is driving me round the bend.

I switched to iMac a couple of weeks ago and one of my main uses for the new machine is digital photography. I use Adobe Creative Suite CS2 and specifically Bridge to look at previews and Photoshop to do the editing.

When looking at Canon RAW files (.CR2) I can see the previews fine in Preview. I can open them in Photoshop after installing the RAW plugin. However, when looking at them in Bridge I just see an icon with "exec" in it. This is what I see when looking at Windows files on the Mac.

Bridge is set-up so that .CR2 files are associated with Photoshop and when I click on the file it fires up the RAW window in Photoshop. But why can't I see a preview in Bridge? It works fine on the PC. I really don't want to have to run Photoshop for Windows within Parallels as it defeats the purpose of getting the Mac.

I've searched the web and see that loads of people have this problem (on PCs as well as Macs).

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks,

Jack.

Reaction score
This one is driving me round the bend.

I switched to iMac a couple of weeks ago and one of my main uses for the new machine is digital photography. I use Adobe Creative Suite CS2 and specifically Bridge to look at previews and Photoshop to do the editing.

When looking at Canon RAW files (.CR2) I can see the previews fine in Preview. I can open them in Photoshop after installing the RAW plugin. However, when looking at them in Bridge I just see an icon with "exec" in it. This is what I see when looking at Windows files on the Mac.

Bridge is set-up so that .CR2 files are associated with Photoshop and when I click on the file it fires up the RAW window in Photoshop. But why can't I see a preview in Bridge? It works fine on the PC. I really don't want to have to run Photoshop for Windows within Parallels as it defeats the purpose of getting the Mac.

I've searched the web and see that loads of people have this problem (on PCs as well as Macs).

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks,

Jack.

I found this article but am unsure if it is related directly to your issue:

http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2005/10/how_to_open_canon_5d_raw_files.html

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I did read some other articles on that site but not this one. I'm sure it has something to do with where the RAW plug-in is located, so this one looks hopeful. I'll try it when I get home and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Jack.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much!!! :)

The RAW plug-in that I had in that folder was the original one which did not include the 350D. I replaced it with the new one I had already downloaded and put in a couple of other places............and...............it still didn't work. But I took the advice on the link and restarted the machine.............and..........it still didn't work.

But then I purged the cache and now I can preview my pictures in Bridge.

Now I can get to work - just back from my holiday with over 1,000 pictures in RAW - there must be a couple worth printing LOL.

Thank you - I'll track down some of the other sites where people had the same problem and spread the word.

Cheers,

Jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.