• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Expose Blob

C

CaptainMack

i was thinking since apple has the expose blob in os x but they havent made it public that maybe they are holding it for the release of an apple PDA. it seems like it would make more sense to have a blob on a touch screen PDA than on a desktop. just my thoughts. any comments welcome.

OP
C

CaptainMack

"There is an interesting Panther dock feature that enables a small blue Aqua blob that floats above all other windows, as seen in the top portion of the screenshot to the left. When you mouse into the blob, it higlights (the bottom portion of the image). When you click on it, Exposé come on in "Application Windows" mode (higlight all windows of the frontmost app while dimming others). You can move the blob around as you might expect - click and drag it to a new location."
www.macosxhints.com

OP
S

StarManta

It's cool, but it seems like too big a leap to assume it means that it was meant for a PDA. More likely, they were testing various methods of using Expose, and the blob was one way they were testing.
Thanks for the link though... that's pretty neat. :)

OP
T

TylerMoney

I find it cool, but it's kind of annoying at times. Plus the only thing it really does different than your f keys is the slow motion function. Right?

OP
C

CaptainMack

you can hold shift when you are minimizing a window or using expose and they will go in slow motion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
you can hold down shift while doing any animation and it will slow it down. although when showing someone, it didnt work with spring-loaded folders. maybe i was just clicking too fast.

apple made it pretty clear that they dont wanna get back in the PDA market. Woz's company, Wheels of Zeus (WOZ) was/is developing PDA technology to incorporate GPS, 802.11b, etc. so maybe they could use the blob idea for their software (although exposé would need a lot of memory in the PDA)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.