• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Studio pro and large video files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G5 Dul 2GHz Power PC,Running Mac OS 10.3.9
So it keeps happening to me that when I have many large video files in one folder and try to add it in DVD studio pro to use those files, the program either crashes or freezes. Then yesterday it happened the same thing on my movie folder. Tried to open it and it would open and close immediately. Later it got worse doing it repeatedly by itself. It was as if I had a Dell instead of a Mac. I know a bit about computers but not that much. I really need help on this. Other wise the computer just runs fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
What kinda files are those? my guess is either there are corrupted files in that folder or they are of wrong format. I suggest you encode those video files in mpeg2 with compressor and then import in DVD studio pro.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G5 Dul 2GHz Power PC,Running Mac OS 10.3.9
MAC-simus said:
What kinda files are those? my guess is either there are corrupted files in that folder or they are of wrong format. I suggest you encode those video files in mpeg2 with compressor and then import in DVD studio pro.

They were in AVI format but is my believe that they were not corrupted because i was able to watch those files in pretty much any media player there is. Also it would only happenif i had more than one in any given folder. if the file was alone in a folder the program would open it without any problems. What was wierd is that the same thing happend outside DVD studio pro, with quicktime player. I had just converted a file to MPEG2 and when tried to play it the crashed. After that the folder holding my Movies wouldn't open.

Thanks for replying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
I can' think of anything else, sorry. never hard anything like this before.
what version of dvd studio you are using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.