• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Overburning on a mac?

Reaction score
I have a movie file (.bin and .cue) that I need to burn to a cd-r, but it's 798 mb. I've looked all over the internet, but can't seem to find a good answer. What program should i choose that would allow me to overburn this data onto a 700mb cdr?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
While I don't personally suggest doing this as it not only increases the chance of totally bonking your optical drive, you also end up with a disc that has an increased chance of not being able to be played in other drives... including the one you burned the disc with.
Still, a very quick and simple Google search turned up these apps:

shadowBurn

X-CD-Roast

FireStarter FX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.