how to lower size of mp3 for website

Reaction score
I need to lower an 8mb file to something reasonable to use it on a webpage. What can I use to do this?

+ anyone know the html code for embedding mp3? Thanks.

Reaction score
dsnj201 said:
I need to lower an 8mb file to something reasonable to use it on a webpage. What can I use to do this?

+ anyone know the html code for embedding mp3? Thanks.

You might try using a program like Max, which is an audio file conversion program. I use it a lot in converting files. You can find it at:

http://sbooth.org/max/

Just drag your mp3 file to Max and have Max save it as at 64 kbps or maye 48 kbps. I changed a 6.3 meg 192 kbps file to a 1.4 meg 48 kbps file. Depends on just how good a sound your looking for. If your looking for small audio files you might try a Ogg Vorbis conversion. They are usually quite a bit smaller than mp3. A 64 Ogg file compairs quite well with a 128 mp3 as far as sound goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
iTunes can do it, I believe.

Look in iTunes preferences, under the Advanced > Importing tab. Then change the format to Mp3 @ 48Kbps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.