• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mac Pros and 24" iMacs - now with 750gb drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Along with the updates to the MacBook Pro line of laptops, the 24" iMac and the Mac Pro tower now has the option of 750gb hard drives. The Mac Pro can now handle up to four 750gb drives for a whopping 3 terabytes of internal space. Yowza!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I noticed that on the 24" iMac tday and couldn't remember if it was always an option or not. haha

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Mattlike said:
I noticed that on the 24" iMac tday and couldn't remember if it was always an option or not. haha

That's pretty sick though...24" widescreen, built-in camera, wifi/bluetooth, 750gb hard drive, 3 gigs of ram, 2.33ghz Merom processor...yummy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yeah the Mini's go up to 160 now too.

Reaction score
Would never ever fill 750gb so my 500gb fine for me =)

Reaction score
I think the 24" is intended as a true media center....

Liam said:
Would never ever fill 750gb so my 500gb fine for me =)

I have a 250gb drive and it is probably enough for me, but I have loaded a bunch of my DVD's on recently using Handbrake. Over time, I could conceivably have around 80 to 100 movie files and at about 1gb each, it adds up. Then your Music, photos and everything else piles on top.

I really think Apple is beginning to view the basic home desktop computer as a media center. Why a 24" desktop if not? I personally think that for work, a 17" would be fine and my 20" is even okay with me for viewing movies on, so the 24" appears to be their way of saying, hey home computers are really used mostly for entertainment so why not provide one that serves that purpose a little better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moving thread. Not a switcher issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.